Here is a joke related to knife.
My grandfather used to say ” never bring a knife to a gunfight”!!
He was right. The paintball arena banned me for life.
But apart from the joke, a knife is one of the most useful items in your life. But it needs perfect shape and sharpness to provide its users with one of the best services. You need two things to make a perfect and sharp knife, such as skill and perfect tools. I know you have the right skill, but you should choose the best angle grinder for knife making, which you may need much time to research and find out the right one.
As your helping hand, I researched the ins and outs to provide you with a perfect angle grinder list so that you can work professionally, saving time. I collected 5 products that are satisfying the users for a couple of years. So, are you ready to break down the list and get your desired one? If yes, I suggest you keep reading.
If You Want a Quick List, Check Our Top 5 Suggestions Below:
Before choosing a knife-making angle grinder, I would love to recommend you check out the following quick list, which helps you get a core idea and clear your confusion about the products.
Best Angle Grinder for Knife Making Reviews Of 2022
1. SKIL 9295-01 6.0 Amp 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder
An angle grinder is a popular tool in the welding and grinding industry. SKIL is a popular tool in the grinding sector. This model 9295-01 angle grinder comes with top-rated features and quality materials that satisfy the uses for a long time without any major issues.
However, this unit is featured a 6.0-amp powerful motor that is capable of producing up to 11,000-rpm power. With this power, you can easily make your knife without any breaking or finishing issues. On the other hand, its tools less guard helps you to adjust quickly.
The tools use metal gear housing to get a durable user experience and lasting performance, which protects the tools physically. Whatever the vibration-reducing technology and the handlebar allow you to work professionally without any vibration issues.
Features at a Glance
- Featured with a high-quality 6-amp powerful motor which produces up to 11,000-rpm power.
- The tool-less guard helps the plumbers to adjust quickly.
- The wrench and less vibration technology help the users work professionally without vibration issues.
- Its heavy-duty metal gear house helps to protect it from physical damages and supports the users to get a durable experience.
- Compact and lightweight shape to easily portable, comfortable, and control.
2. BOSCH GWS8-45 4-1/2 Inch Angle Grinder
Are you searching for a top-rated angler grinder for knife making, which is easy to portable in any kind of space? Then you can deal with this unit. The weight of this unit is 4.2 lbs which are less enough and allow the users to be highly portable in any kind of space.
The angle grinder features a powerful brushless 7.5-amp motor that is capable of producing up to 11,000 no-load rpm power. No doubt, it is a versatile product that means you can work with grinding, angle grinder for concrete, finishing, and other areas besides knife making.
Don’t worry; you will get continuous power and comfort when you are heavily using this component. The handlebar design is ergonomic, which provides you with extreme comfort and less vibration. Overall, you will get each of the functions which maintain the quality.
Features at a Glance
- This model comes with a compact and lightweight design for being highly portable.
- The energy-saving technology and the extreme protection help the users get peace of mind service.
- Featured with a 7.5-amp powerful motor which is capable of producing up to 11,000 no-load rpm power.
- It comes with a two-position side handle, which allows the users greater control and utility.
- You will discover an automatic shut-off function that helps the product automatically shut off when it is across overloaded or short-circuit issues.
3. DEWALT DWE43113 Angle Grinder Tool, 4-1/2-Inch to 5-Inch, Trigger Switch
No doubt, DEWALT is a popular tool in the grinding and wrench industry because of its high-quality features and first-class service, and this model is not different. However, this model is capable of satisfying you to provide high-quality functions and other things.
This DWE43113 angle grinder comes with a 13-amp powerful motor that produces up to 9,000-rpm power. You can use this unit for knife making, tile cutting, concrete, cutting, and others area without any damaging issues with this power.
Overall, you will discover the 5” type 27 guard and also get inner and outer flanges. Whatever you may be happy to hear, the product comes with dust Ejection system technology, which protects the tools from debris and dust to get long-term support.
Features at a Glance
- Featured with a 13-amp powerful motor that helps the model produce up to 9000-rpm power.
- You will discover a strong and easy access trigger switch for easily lock option.
- The dust Ejection technology system protects the unit from dust and debris.
- On the other hand, it is a light and compact design tool for portability.
- Besides knife making, you will also use this component for different grinding projects.
4. MILWAUKEE’S 2783-20 Cordless Angle Grinder, 8500 rpm
Let’s introduce another leading cordless angle grinder that is specially designed for knife making and versatile use. It is one of the best angle grinders to cut steel and other elements professionally. However, let’s talk in detail about this angle grinder.
It is a cordless angle grinder that is capable of producing up to 8500-rpm power. With this brushless motor and power, you can use this component for small and medium base appliances. On the other hand, it comes with a lithium-ion battery, which allows you to get long-time energy support and fast charging facility.
Whatever it is not the only best option for power but also the perfect option for durability. The materials and the construction made this component durable and lasting support to its users. So, what do you want else from this best cordless angle grinder?
Features at a Glance
- Featured with a powerful brushless motor that produces up to 8500 no-load rpm power.
- Included 1 lithium-ion battery to get lasting energy support and fast charging facility.
- The measurement and weight is 4 x 3.5 x 12.6 inches; 5.07 Pounds suitable for portability
- Its lock on/off and spindle support you to easily and quickly access without any hassles.
- The product is designed for small and medium base appliances and reach critical area.
5. Metabo WEV15-125 5″ Variable Speed Angle Grinder – 2, 800-9, 600 Rpm
This Metabo 5-inch angle grinder comes with a variable speed option. With its variable speed option, you can complete your variable tasks without any power options. However, it is a German and world top-class angle grinder. Why did I select this for you? Let me explain.
First of all, this angle grinder comes with a 13.5-amp powerful brushless motor which helps you to get 2800-rpm to 9600-rpm. You can choose any kind of power from these powers. You can use this angle grinder for cutting, knife making, steel cutting, and others with this power.
Whatever the handlebar design ergonomically, that means you will get maximum comfort and perfect position. On the other hand, the product is also capable of working 360-degrees but cannot reach a critical angle.
Features at a Glance
- It is a top-class German technology angle grinder to get lifetime support.
- Featured with a 13.5-amp brushless motor that produces up to 9600-rpm power.
- The product comes with variable speed options such as 2800-rpm to 9600-rpm.
- Hybrid, manual, and fully assembled for quick access and adjustment.
- It is one of the best options for less vibration and power losses issue to work professionally.
How to Make A Knife with An Angle Grinder?
If you want to make a knife with an angle grinder, you should follow some proper steps to avoid mistakes and work professionally. So, what are the steps you need to follow? Well, check out the following steps below.
Step 1: Collect the tools
First of all, you need to choose a knife sharpening angle grinder that is capable of making the knife. You can collect DEWALT DWE43113 Angle Grinder to get the best performance.
Step 2: Make Your Own Pattern
First of all, draw your parallel pattern with a piece of printer paper. Generally, I used1 ¼” for knife making. You can also choose your own shape, which means which shape you need.
Step 3: Make Some Sparks
With your angle grinder and the disc, you should cut down the metal or steel. Note, you should carefully do that because of safety measures. You must need to wear gloves, a respirator, and others.
Step 4: Drill Holes & Shape Profile
Now, it is time to drill holes in the blade. On the other hand, you need to shape the perfect profile. You need to make the holes which you need. However, I make 5 holes, two large and three small.
Step 5: Heat for Treat
It would help if you heated the blade so that you can properly make the right shape. On the other hand, you can also apply other materials to heat the blade.
Step 6: Use Wood for Handlebar
You may know that a knife has two parts, such as sharp one and another is the handle. You need to use wood to make the handlebar comfortable and safe.
Step 7: Finishing
Finally, use your grinder to finish the blade as well as sharpen it. You must need to sharpen the blade and perfect finishing to cut down the elements easily.
Frequently Ask Questions
Q: Can I make a knife with an angle grinder?
A: Of course, you can make a knife using an angle grinder. But you need to choose an angle grinder which is the perfect option for knife making. On the other hand, you can also choose an angle grinder capable of sharpening and cutting the materials.
Q: What power angle grinder do I need?
A: It depends on your project. If you need to complete a heavy-duty project, then you need to go for up to 10,000-rpm power. Similarly, if you want to complete small or medium tasks, you can choose 6000 to 10000 rpm.
Q: Is angle iron good for knife making?
A: I think not so. An iron-angle grinder comes with low carbon steel like 1018. It doesn’t engage properly, so you just need to use a top-class angle grinder for knife making. However, you can choose SKIL 9295-01 6.0 Amp 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder to get the best experience.
Q: What is a good amp for an angle grinder?
A: There are couples of angle grinder I found on the market which is good enough and comes with a high-power amp. If you are still confused about choosing a good amp, I recommend you check out this DEWALT DWE43113 Angle Grinder tool to get high amp power.
Making a knife with an angle grinder needs to work versatile and professionally. When you make the knife, you just need to sharpen and finish the blade and holes. So, you just need to choose an angle grinder that helps you to make the knife perfectly.
If you are not clear about choosing the best angle grinder for knife making, then you can select DWE43113 DEWALT Angle Grinder or MILWAUKEE’S 2783-20 Cordless Angle Grinder Why did you choose this unit? Because the product comes with high power, versatile use, and all of the features to make a perfect knife.
Most Popular Posts: